AutoCAD 2004 Customization Tutorial: Loading
By Alireza Parsai,
May 13, 2003
There are different methods for loading applications. Using the
APPLOAD command is one of them. APPLOAD is capable to load VLISP,
AutoLISP, VBA, and ObjectARX applications.
1. Download c2a.LSP
to My Documents folder.
2. Start AutoCAD.
3. Invoke APPLOAD by selecting Load Application from
Tools menu. The Load/Unload Applications dialog box
appears [Figure 1].
Figure 1 -
Click on image to enlarge
4. Locate c2a.LSP in My Documents folder. This application
defines a command to divide a circle into two arcs.
5. Click Load.
6. Click Close.
7. Draw a circle.
8. Invoke c2a command.
9. Select the circle.
10. Click on both horizontal quadrants of the circle
respectively. The circle is now divided into two half circles.
11. Exit AutoCAD.
12. Restart AutoCAD.
13. Invoke c2a. The command is not recognized. The loaded
applications are only available for the current drawing session.
14. To load command permanently, invoke APPLOAD again.
15. In Startup Suite section click Contents. The
Startup Suit dialog box appears [Figure 2].
16. Click Add. The Add File to Startup Suite
dialog box appears [Figure 3].
17. Locate and select c2a.LSP.
18. Click Add.
19. Close dialog boxes. c2a is now permanently available to all
For more information about APPLOAD command, see the following
tutorial: Loading Applications
into AutoCAD 2002.
About the Author
Alireza Parsai is the founder of cadpanel.com. He is a
mechanical engineer with more than 12 years experience with
AutoCAD. Alireza is an Autodesk Authorized Author, the AutoCAD
consultant for Al Khawarizmi Institute, a contributing editor
for Augiworld magazine, a writer for CAD Digest, an instructor
for AUGI Training Program, and an elected speaker for Autodesk
University 2002. He has written 7 books in Farsi, 3 booklets in
English, and more than 30 articles for different magazines and
newsletters. You can reach him at
email@example.com or visit his website