AutoCAD 2004 Customization Tutorial: Options
By Alireza Parsai,
May 8, 2003
Options profiles can save different Options settings under one
name. Defining profiles can save your time and make different
1. Invoke OPTIONS command. The Options dialog box appears.
2. Select Profiles tab [Figure 1].
Figure 1 -
Click on image to enlarge
3. Click Add to List. The Add Profile dialog box appears
4. In Profile Name field, type Set1.
5. In Description field, type white [Figure 3].
6. Click Apply and Close.
7. In the list of profiles, select Set1.
8. Click Set Current.
9. Select Display tab.
10. Alter the background color to white.
Note: For more information about altering
background color, see
AutoCAD 2004 Customization Tutorial: Display Settings.
11. Select User Preferences tab.
12. Deselect Shortcut menus in drawing area [Figure 4].
13. In Options dialog box, click Apply.
14. Select Profiles tab again.
15. Click Add to List.
16. In Profile Name field, type Set2.
17. In Description field, type black [Figure 5].
18. Click Apply and close.
19. In the list of profiles, select Set2.
20. Click Set Current.
21. Select Display tab.
22. Alter the background color to black.
23. Select User Preferences tab.
24. Select Shortcut menus in drawing area.
25. Click OK. The background is black.
26. Right-click in the drawing area. A shortcut menu appears
27. Select Repeat OPTIONS.
28. In Options dialog box, select Profiles tab.
29. Select Set1.
30. Click Set Current.
31. Click OK. Now the background is white.
32. Right-click in the drawing area.
33. The last command will be invoked again.
About the Author
Alireza Parsai is the founder of cadpanel.com. He is a
mechanical engineer with more than 12 years experience with
AutoCAD. Alireza is an Autodesk Authorized Author, the AutoCAD
consultant for Al Khawarizmi Institute, a contributing editor
for Augiworld magazine, a writer for CAD Digest, an instructor
for AUGI Training Program, and an elected speaker for Autodesk
University 2002. He has written 7 books in Farsi, 3 booklets in
English, and more than 30 articles for different magazines and
newsletters. You can reach him at
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit his website